Sunday, January 18, 2009

January 18, 2009. We got ourselves a habit of losing

I come all the way from Mambalam to Mandavelli to get together with my friends, no doubt. But once in a while I would like to win the match with my friends. It is not happening.

We lost the match once again. Earlier in the week, on a Wednesday, I played with Vicky's colleagues and we won that match!! Riding high on confidence, I started the game in which we batted first. We got off to the worst possible start imaginable. We were down 3 wickets for 3 runs in 3 overs. Quite a feat. Kaipilla, Kailiash and Vicky got out cheaply.

We also had today, the best recovery we had so far. Sridhar, Anand and Idli came together for very good partnerships that took our tally to 71 runs at the end of 14 overs with only six wickets down.

That partnership gave us confidence as we prepared to bowl the opposition out. We were one man short on the field as Sheriff had to depart very early. The start we have while bowling, we are unable to carry the momentum. This happened today as well. I was taken for a lot of runs though I accounted for one wicket. Even in the fielding department we failed. I dropped one catch and missed a run out opportunity. My friends accounted for atleast 4 dropped catches and half a dozen missed run out opportunities. All in all we looked miserable and we lost the match yet again.

Some of the videos from our batting today:

Anand is ball watching:





Nice Comedy



Anand's Strategic Run



Idli's cover drive



Vicky's running habits

No comments:

Post a Comment